Monday 27 May 2013

Still Going Well!

I've just realised I didn't update yesterday. We only passed two dogs, one was a Jack Russell Terrier and the other a Rhodesian Ridgeback. For some reason Tia barked at the little Jack Russell and ignored the Ridgeback beautifully, totally going against the usual pattern! Still, I'm very impressed with her for ignoring such a big dog.

I haven't been out with her today yet, I'm rather ill and got no real sleep last night, just a few weird delusional dreams, so she's just been out with my boyfriend this morning and I'll take her for a little walk this evening once I've recuperated a bit! The report I got from this morning's walk was that she lunged towards one small dog (on the other side of the road, as always) without barking at it and totally ignored another small one.

I'm also working on discouraging her from barking at other dogs out of the window while we're at home. It's a different situation from when we're out, I'm pretty sure she's being protective over what she considers to be her territory rather than being scared, but I think working on not barking at other dogs for any reason might help with the reactivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment