Thursday 23 May 2013

Good Day.

We went to the park again today but we had it all to ourselves this time, so I don't have that much to report again.

We did pass a lady with two Miniature Pinschers on the other side of the road and Tia noticed them but didn't bark, which I always treat her for. That's already the start of what we'll be doing when we start the BAT steps, just minus the clicker and while she can't do it with all dogs by any means, it's good that she can do it with some as it means I get an opportunity to treat her for noticing and then ignoring a trigger. She can pass a lovely Golden Retriever who sits out in the front yard of a business in our street without barking now too.

I think a big difference between the dogs I mentioned above and dogs that she does bark at, is that these dogs don't have any interest in her. She's more likely to ignore a dog if it's ignoring her, which makes sense.
She's also seen them before and I think the more times she sees the same dog and nothing happens, that must go some way towards reassuring her, as well as getting a reward for not barking at them previously.

Anyway, that's it for today but I'm feeling positive about the way things are progressing again now that I've started to write it down and realised that there are actually quite a few improvements, even if it doesn't feel like it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment