Monday 10 June 2013

Yay!

I'm really proud of Tia. Yesterday we were passing a couple on a footpath who had a Springer Spaniel with them, Tia was on the longline but I had most of it coiled up and as they passed about 6 feet away from us, she was totally calm. No barking or even a growl! She did lunge towards him but in "wanting to play"-way just as they'd gone past us, she wasn't nervous in the slightest and it's so nice to see.
We passed a couple of Border Collies on the way home on a narrow road and she did growl at them. She doesn't seem to be barking anywhere near as much now, just growling and I do feel like that's an improvement.

We haven't seen any dogs today so I don't have much else to write. I'm really impressed with how much she's improved lately and wondering how much it has to do with maturity. I'll have to do some reading and write a separate blog post on that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment