Monday 17 June 2013

A little update.

Apart from an incident with a Weimaraner running towards us at full pelt which resulted in me picking Tia up to avoid conflict, today has been wonderful. We've seen several other dogs and she's been great. In fact, the last few days have all been wonderful. I'm finding that I'm not having to hide behind cars etc. with her anymore, as long as I can put some distance between her and the other dog, then it's all good!

She growled at one little dog, it came out from round the corner just in front of us, Tia gave one small growl and then stopped. We also saw a Miniature Schnauzer on the other side of the road, it was very jumpy, pulling on the lead and leaping around, Tia was also lunging but didn't make a sound. There were a few others too, I won't start listing every dog she didn't bark at but there's one more I want to mention because I was so impressed. Corners are usually the worst thing with a reactive dog because if there's another dog there, understandably it takes her by surprise. However, we turned a corner today and there was a small Labrador there and Tia didn't react apart from pulling on the lead.

The intent for starting this blog was really so I could note down when/where/why she reacted, but it's starting to become a log of all our achievements because she's doing so well. I can't even begin to express how happy this makes me, I'm just very, very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment